Pub landlord has a close shave to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff and regulars at The Hyde Park pub, in St Neots, raised more than £1,000 for a father-of-two who is terminally ill.
Landlord Jim Campbell agreed to have his head shaved on Saturday (February 17) and his daring stunt raised £1,314 for the Gavin Meadow’s Making Memories Fund.
Gavin, who has two sons, aged one and three, was diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer last year. Barman, John Hammond, said: “We just want to do what we can to help.
“The money is still coming in and we hope the family can have some nice holidays. Gavin managed to beat the cancer the first time round, but this time it is terminal.”
The Just Giving page says: “Gavin is kind, funny, caring, hard working and an amazing husband and father, but importantly he is also a fighter, so won’t want sympathy or pity, but, despite being stubborn he does ask for our help, as his family, friends and even strangers we can help Gavin, his wife and children”.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd funding page set up in Gavin’s name, has raised more than £9,000 so far.
INFO: To make a donation, go to: www.justgiving.com and type in Gavin Medlow.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity