Pub fund-raisers donate new playground equipment to pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Little Acorns Pre-School in Eynesbury has been given children’s cars and scooters to replace worn out donations.
The money was donated by patrons of the Hare & Hounds pub after landlady Linda Murray–Brooks grandson Kai started at the pre-school in April.
Mrs Murray-Brooks said: “I went to the pre-school and noticed that quite a lot the equipment was really old.”
She then set out to raise as much money as she could through raffles, sponsored singing and a family fun day at the pub.
“Every time we raised more money I would buy another item including scooters, cars and footballs.”
You may also want to watch:
She has also decided to help the school raise money for much needed ground work.
The pub managed to raise about £2,000 through their events.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers