Protestors turn out in force against Huntingdonshire wind farm
- Credit: Archant
Protesters turned out in force to voice their opposition to the proposed wind farm at Molesworth on Wednesday (December 18).
Around 60 supporters of the Stop Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group attended the evening session of the eight-day public inquiry, where many addressed their concerns to the planning inspector.
Topics covered included the visual and noise impact of the development plus the effects on residents’ health, the landscape, heritage, and wildlife.
On Friday (December 20), the inspector visited the proposed site to assess the impact such a development would have. He also visited some of the homes most affected by the scheme.
The action group thanked those who have supported their campaign over the last three years and have helped them to raise £70,000 to fight the application from RWE Npower Renewables – which are currently appealing against HDC’s decision to reject their proposal.
You may also want to watch:
The group do not expect a decision for several months.
Lorna Lane-Ley, publicity and spokesperson for the Stop Molesworth Action Group, said: “The meeting was incredible, I was so proud of everybody that took part. The turn out was phenomenal, there was so much support for what we have been doing.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
“All we know is we have done our best and tried our hardest for three and a half years and now it’s out of our hands.”