Protesters join together against Molesworth wind farm
- Credit: Archant
Protesters rallied together at the start of an eight-day public inquiry into the proposed wind farm at Molesworth on Tuesday (December 10).
More than 40 supporters of the Stop Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group gathered outside The Civic Suite at Pathfinder House, Huntingdon, to register their opposition to the plans.
An appeal has been lodged with Huntingdonshire District Council by RWE Npower Renewables against HDC’s decision to turn down the application.
The inquiry is expected to finish on Friday, December 20 – although the campaigners said it could run into the New Year.
The hearing will switch venues to Hinchingbrooke Countryside Centre from Tuesday, where a public session will be held on Wednesday, from 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Full details including times and venues can be found at www.stopmolesworthwindfarm.org.uk.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'