Proposals unveiled for new housing development in Brampton
- Credit: Archant
A housing developer has unveiled proposals for up to 150 new homes on the outskirts of Brampton.
Catesby Estates, a company based in Warwick, held a public exhibition last Wednesday (November 11) in Brampton Community Centre, where villagers were invited to view a first round of proposals for a new development.
It is not yet known how many of the 150 homes are proposed to be affordable.
The company is looking to gather the views of villagers ahead of a possible planning application to Huntingdonshire District Council, with a presentation already made to Brampton Parish Council.
Councillor John Morris, who represents Brampton on the district council, attended Wednesday’s exhibition and said he retained an “open mind” about the development.
He said: “If the scheme was to proceed, I would be keen to see as much affordable housing on the site as possible. Especially family-sized houses because in Brampton at the moment, we have only 33 family-sized houses which are affordable.
“I’ve got an open mind about the proposals and I’m looking to hear what people have to say about them.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Cllr Morris said that there had been concerns expressed in the village about the proposals, particularly “in terms of traffic movements, the scale, and the proximity of the houses to the A1”.
Cllr Morris holds a monthly surgery for constituents at the Scout hut, in Brampton, and is inviting people to come and share their thoughts. The next surgery takes place on Saturday, December 5, from 10-11am.