Problem parking will be discussed at public meeting
- Credit: PA
The people of Huntingdon and the surrounding areas are being invited to have their say on parking in and around the town.
Following a series of complaints from concerned residents, Councillor Ste Greenall and Councillor Mike Shellens will host a public meeting to discuss parking.
“Levelled with the problems about parking around the Sun pub we started to see people in Avenue Road and Cowper Road asking us if we can do anything about the parking,” Cllr Greenall said.
The member for Huntingdon, Cllr Greenall, also spoke of issues about residents not being able to park near their homes, buses clipping vehicles and emergency services not being to get through due to parked cars.
“Anyone is welcome if they have got any issue about parking even those that we have not been made aware of,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Following the meeting the two councillors will take complaints to the councils in the area and Cambridgeshire police to try and find out what can be done.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 23, from 7.30pm in St Mary’s Church Hall, in The Walks East, Huntingdon.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse