Prison officer taken to hospital after being ‘attacked by inmate’
- Credit: Archant
A prison officer was injured after reportedly being attacked by an inmate at HMP Littlehey on Tuesday (January 9).
The incident took place at about 9.40am at the prison, in Crow Spinney Lane, Perry, with the officer, understood to be female, taken to hospital following the attack, police said.
Officers have launched an inquiry into the incident, with a 27-year-old man under investigation.
The prison is home to more than 1,000 male inmates.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Justice, which oversees the prison, said:
“We do not tolerate any violence against our hardworking staff and will always push for the strongest punishment.
“The prison is supporting the officer involved and this incident has been referred to the police. It would be inappropriate to comment further.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack