Prison officer taken to hospital after being ‘attacked by inmate’
- Credit: Archant
A prison officer was injured after reportedly being attacked by an inmate at HMP Littlehey on Tuesday (January 9).
The incident took place at about 9.40am at the prison, in Crow Spinney Lane, Perry, with the officer, understood to be female, taken to hospital following the attack, police said.
Officers have launched an inquiry into the incident, with a 27-year-old man under investigation.
The prison is home to more than 1,000 male inmates.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Justice, which oversees the prison, said:
You may also want to watch:
“We do not tolerate any violence against our hardworking staff and will always push for the strongest punishment.
“The prison is supporting the officer involved and this incident has been referred to the police. It would be inappropriate to comment further.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester