Care home purchases sensory table after fundraising
- Credit: Primrose Hill Care Home
A care home in Huntingdon has purchased a new sensory activity table after receiving home donations from families and their own fundraising.
Primrose Hill Care Home purchased the table from Inspired Inspirations along with the help of Abbey Healthcare.
The table is designed with Dementia in mind but can be used by anyone.
It has a 39” screen, is fully portable and height adjustable meaning residents with Dementia or cognition difficulties may interact using specific programmes depending on ability.
A spokesperson said: “We will be incorporating this table into our daily activities.
“We believe it will be a benefit for those residents who are bed bound and have limited ability to participate in more physical activities."
They added: “As you can see from the photos, resident Marjorie chose to interact using wordsearches.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 7 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
“She said she found it easy to use, entertaining and fun.”