Primary school makes “rapid improvement”
- Credit: Archant
Earith Primary School has “rapidly improved” in the last year – according to a new report from Ofsted.
Inspectors visited the school at the end of the summer term and were full of praise for the quality of teaching and the “outstanding leadership” of the head teacher.
The team from Ofsted rated the school as good in all areas, a marked improvement from an inspection carried out in 2015, in which the school was rated as requiring improvement.
Ofsted inspector Gulshan Kayembe said in his report: “Teachers and support staff establish good relationships with pupils. Consequently, pupils cooperate well with adults and readily respond to instructions. Lessons are calm and orderly, with adults and pupils working with a clear purpose.”
The inspector also praised the behaviour of pupils in lessons and noted that pupils were consistently challenged by teachers to expand their learning.
The report added: “The head teacher has made a significant difference to the speed and drive for change. She has brought stability and a systematic approach to developing all areas of the school.
“Her excellent leadership is evident in the rapidity with which improvements have been achieved and new developments and initiatives securely embedded.”
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 3 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 9 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 10 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
In order to continue improving, Mr Kayembe recommended that the school focus on improving pupils’ spelling and develop the quality of teachers’ marking and feedback.