St Neots school raises money for Children in Need
- Credit: Middlefield Primary School
Pupils from a St Neots primary school have raised money for Children in Need and combined their national maths week with the cause.
Children and staff from Middlefield Primary Academy dressed up as rock stars and had times-table battles between classes and even auditions for Middlefield Band Aid.
The school managed to raise £235.38 for Children in Need
Year 3 teacher, Charlotte Burnett, said: “As it was Children in Need day and national maths week we decided to combine the two days together.
“The children in KS2 dressed up as fabulous rock stars and had lots of fun completing times-table games in their classes but also online on TT rock stars against other classes - one child got over 40,000 questions correct over the week of playing it at home and in school!
You may also want to watch:
“In KS1 the children dressed up at robots as they completed numbots, an online programme for number bonds, for their maths week activities.”
- 1 Large scale vaccine centre to open in St Neots today (Friday)
- 2 St Ives murder: victim named
- 3 Find out how many people in your area have had first Covid jab
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Jean's Fenstanton fundraising stall raises thousands of pounds
- 6 St Ives murder: man charged
- 7 Family need help to buy wheelchair for brave Ellamae
- 8 Inquest into deaths of St Neots brother and sister opened today
- 9 HPT 0303 From The Archives St Neots Museum
- 10 Watersport application for lake at Hemingford Grey