St Neots school raises money for Children in Need
- Credit: Middlefield Primary School
Pupils from a St Neots primary school have raised money for Children in Need and combined their national maths week with the cause.
Children and staff from Middlefield Primary Academy dressed up as rock stars and had times-table battles between classes and even auditions for Middlefield Band Aid.
The school managed to raise £235.38 for Children in Need
Year 3 teacher, Charlotte Burnett, said: “As it was Children in Need day and national maths week we decided to combine the two days together.
“The children in KS2 dressed up as fabulous rock stars and had lots of fun completing times-table games in their classes but also online on TT rock stars against other classes - one child got over 40,000 questions correct over the week of playing it at home and in school!
You may also want to watch:
“In KS1 the children dressed up at robots as they completed numbots, an online programme for number bonds, for their maths week activities.”
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.