Pre-school opens bright space for Huntingdon youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a pre-school have welcomed the opening of a new space for the children.
Mother Goose Corner Nursery and Pre-School, in Huntingdon, were delighted to finally have more space that their youngsters can learn and play in.
Manager Valerie Taylor said: “We had only been in our current building three years and we had to start turning children away because we were becoming oversubscribed.”
The new room didn’t come without its problems though as days after work had begun a well was discovered underneath the surface.
“It was about eight or nine foot wide and three & half meters deep which meant that work too longer than expected.”
You may also want to watch:
During the build the children became fascinated with the workmen on the site and the building itself.
The building was opened as part of the pre-school’s graduation ceremony by the mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Bill Hensley.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages