Pre-school opens bright space for Huntingdon youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a pre-school have welcomed the opening of a new space for the children.
Mother Goose Corner Nursery and Pre-School, in Huntingdon, were delighted to finally have more space that their youngsters can learn and play in.
Manager Valerie Taylor said: “We had only been in our current building three years and we had to start turning children away because we were becoming oversubscribed.”
The new room didn’t come without its problems though as days after work had begun a well was discovered underneath the surface.
“It was about eight or nine foot wide and three & half meters deep which meant that work too longer than expected.”
During the build the children became fascinated with the workmen on the site and the building itself.
The building was opened as part of the pre-school’s graduation ceremony by the mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Bill Hensley.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14