Poundstretcher is closing down in St Ives
- Credit: Google Earth
The money saving Poundstretcher shop in St Ives is closing down.
The store announced on social media that they are to close the store in December.
As part of the closure the store is now offering 20 % off all items until their close their doors.
Earlier this year St Neots also lost their Poundstretcher store on the High Street.
In a Facebook post, a spokesman for St Ives Poundstretcher said: “It is with great sadness that I have to announce that our store will cease trading in December.
“On the up side 20% off EVERYTHING...”
People have taken to social media to express their thoughts.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
One Facebook user said: "Whats happening to St Ives Town centre these days. shops and banks closing such a shame for such a lovely town.
"Got to be something wrong somewhere!"
Another said: "Oh no not another shop how sad."
The Hunts Post has approached the head office team for a comment.