Post Office scraps plan to move village branch
- Credit: Archant
A proposal to move Kimbolton Post Office to a new location in the village has been scrapped.
Post Office officials launched a consultation in November last year over plans to relocate the branch from its current branch at 28 High Street, into the Old Swan pharmacy, at 29 High Street.
However, Post Office announced last Wednesday (August 2) that the proposed new operator had decided not to progress an application to operate the branch.
A spokesman for the firm said: “The current branch will continue to operate at 28 High Street for the time being. Any further proposal to relocate the branch would be subject to another six-week consultation.”
The Post Office did not confirm whether it would actively be seeking a new operator for the branch.
You may also want to watch:
The proposal was part of the Post Office’s £1.34billion modernisation programme which began in 2012, and involved the transformation of some 6,000 branches around the UK.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'