Post Office agrees new revamped branch for village
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office is to press ahead with plans to re-locate its Sawtry branch.
Following a month-long period of public consultation, it has been agreed that the village’s post office branch will relocate from its current location, in Green End Road, to Best One, in Greenways.
The move will take place on Friday, September 23.
According to Post Office, the new local branch will see products and services provided from an open-plan till at the retail counter throughout the convenience store’s opening hours, Monday to Friday: 7am-7pm; Saturday: 8am-7pm; and Sunday: 9am-6pm. That will be an extra 42 hours and 30 minutes opening time every week including all day Sunday and Wednesday, and Saturday afternoons.
The branch will also open significantly earlier and will close much later every day. It will also mark an end to lunchtime closing.
You may also want to watch:
The current branch in Green End Road, will close with the current postmaster’s agreement on Thursday, September 22, at 5.30pm.
During the transfer alternative branches include:
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
• Yaxley Post Office, 1-2 Broadway Shopping Centre, Malting Square, Yaxley.
• Peterborough City Post Office, 28-30 Cowgate, Peterbrough.
• Stilton Post Office, 4 Church Street, Stilton.
The move is part of major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.
Will Russell, regional manager for Post Office, said: “With any branch re-location there will be some customers for whom the new branch would be further away, whilst for others the branch maybe closer.
“Parking is a problem faced in many locations nationwide and is outside the direct control of Post Office. We have reviewed parking and there is a car park with a designated disabled bay in close proximity to the new premises.
“We are therefore satisfied that there is adequate parking in the vicinity of the new branch to meet customer requirements.
There is a frequent bus service from the current branch to the new premises and the nearest bus stop is approximately 75 metres of the new store.”