Post boxes targeted in recent spate of thefts
A SPATE of post box thefts have left police puzzled and villagers bemused.
In the last month, red boxes have been stolen from Prickwillow Road, in Queen Adelaide, Fordham Road, in Soham, Main Drove, in Little Downham and Hill Row, in Haddenham.
A police investigation is under way though officers are unsure whether the post boxes were being targeted for their contents or they were simply being stolen for their scrap metal value.
A spokesman for Royal Mail confirmed that there had been a number of post box thefts in East Cambridgeshire.
He said: “We apologise to any of our customers who have been inconvenienced by these thefts.”
You may also want to watch:
Call Cambridgeshire police on 101 if you have any information about the thefts.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'