Possible arson attacks in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be evacuated from a flat after a suspected arson attack and two cars are believed to have been set on fire in St Neots this morning.
At 1.17am, two fire engines from St Neots and one from Huntingdon were called to Pepys Road.
Crews extinguished the fire and by 1.43am the people inside were accounted for and the incident was under control. An ambulance and a rapid response vehicle were called but no one required treatment.
All fire personnel had left the scene by 4.48am.
At 1.22am, one fire engine from Gamlingay was also called to Whitehall Walk where two cars were on fire, and brought it under control by 2.03am before leaving the scene by 3.10am.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said that both incidents are being treated as arson and are asking anyone with information to call them on 101.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'