Popular Colour Dash fundraiser is coming to Huntingdon for the first time
- Credit: Archant
A charity’s most popular fundraiser is set to come to Huntingdon – and organisers have promised it will be better than ever before.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has been hosting its Colour Dash series across the region since 2014, raising hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Colour Dashes are five-kilometre (3.1-mile) fun runs – the fun aspect being that participants are showered with clouds of coloured powder paint as they run. There will be extra added fun at EACH’s first in Huntingdon, though, with the course to feature giant inflatable obstacles.
The Inflatable Colour Dash will take place at Huntingdon Racecourse on Sunday, June 10. Runners will set off in half-hourly waves between 11am and 3pm.
Polly West, EACH Cambridgeshire community fundraiser, said: “Our Colour Dashes have been hugely popular with our supporters across the region in the last few years and we’re delighted that as we bring the event to Huntingdon for the first time, we’ve made it more exciting than ever.
You may also want to watch:
“The inflatables are there to be enjoyed, so there’s no race element. Come along and run, jog or walk, or even bounce your way around the course, and be ready as our paint pirates shower you with coloured powder - creating truly impressive multi-coloured results.
“Please secure your tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and take advantage of our special early bird offer.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia, and supports their families. For both families accessing care and those who have been bereaved, EACH is a lifeline at a difficult time. It costs the charity almost £6 million a year to deliver its services and all funds raised at the Inflatable Colour Dash will help.
Included in the price of tickets are a warm up, paint packet, T-shirt, medal and water. Early bird prices are available until Friday, March 9.
For more information about ticket prices and to book your place in EACH’s Inflatable Colour Dash visit www.each.org.uk/colour-dashes.