Police warning after string of St Neots car break-ins
VANDALS smashed into six cars in St Neots during a series of break-ins on the same night.
Sat-navs, stereos and CDs were stolen from the vehicles in Longsands Road, Duchess Close, Viscount Court, Howitts Gardens and Linton Close between 6pm on Tuesday (November 2) and 7am the next day.
Police have now issued an appeal for information about the crimes, which are being linked, as well as a warning to motorists to keep their cars safe from thefts.
Detective Constable Andrew Gaunt-Warner said: “This type of crime causes a lot of upset and inconvenience.
“I would urge motorists to remove valuables from their vehicles, especially in the run-up to Christmas when people may have been out shopping for gifts.”
Anyone with information should call DC Gaunt-Warner at Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 4564. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild