Police warning after string of St Neots car break-ins
VANDALS smashed into six cars in St Neots during a series of break-ins on the same night.
Sat-navs, stereos and CDs were stolen from the vehicles in Longsands Road, Duchess Close, Viscount Court, Howitts Gardens and Linton Close between 6pm on Tuesday (November 2) and 7am the next day.
Police have now issued an appeal for information about the crimes, which are being linked, as well as a warning to motorists to keep their cars safe from thefts.
Detective Constable Andrew Gaunt-Warner said: “This type of crime causes a lot of upset and inconvenience.
“I would urge motorists to remove valuables from their vehicles, especially in the run-up to Christmas when people may have been out shopping for gifts.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DC Gaunt-Warner at Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 4564. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 7 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 8 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 9 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery