Police vow to boost patrols after teenager is stabbed in Yaxley
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating following reports of a stabbing in Yaxley.
A teenage boy was assaulted by a group of men at around 7pm yesterday (August 14) in Park Close.
He received serious, but not life-threatening, injuries as a result of the incident.
The men were described as Asian and black, one was wearing a black T-shirt with a symbol on the front and the others were wearing baseball caps. The men took the victim’s bag containing his phone.
Officers, including those from the armed policing unit, attended the scene and an investigation is ongoing. No arrests have yet been made.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Amanda Foreman said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who has information about this incident. We know residents will be concerned and we will be conducting extra patrols in the area.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0467040817 or visit www.contactcambspolice.uk/Report/. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal