Police urge caution after attempted burglaries in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Police believe two attempted burglaries which took place in Huntingdon this week may be linked and are appealing for homeowners to be vigilant.
The two incidents took place on Monday and Tuesday and saw offenders attempt to break into houses while the homeowners were present.
The first incident took place at about 7.45pm on Monday at a property in Sapley Road, with an offender attempting to force open a conservatory window.
PCSO Lee Hurley said: “The victim’s dog has heard this and the offender has made off before being able to cause damage or steal any property. Occupants of what is being described as a black Audi hatchback were seen behaving in a suspicious manner on the day before (Sunday) in the same area by the neighbour of the victim.”
The second incident took place at about 11.15pm on Tuesday in Kings Ripton Road, with an offender attempting to gain access to a flat through an unlocked window. The homeowner was alerted by the noise, however, and the would-be burglar fled before entry could be gained.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Hurley said: “It is possible that these offences are linked, we would urge residents in the Huntingdon area to remain vigilant and enhance security arrangements were appropriate.”
Anyone with information about thee incidents should call Huntingdonshire burglary team on 101, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester