Police uncover £150,000 cannabis factory in Warboys
- Credit: Archant
Police have uncovered a cannabis factory in Warboys said to be worth an estimated £150,000.
Officers raided the factory, which was hidden in an industrial unit on Warboys airfield, yesterday (Monday) after concerns were raised by the public.
Roughly 200 plants, growing equipment and weapons were seized from the unit.
No arrests have been made, police said, but enquiries are said to be ongoing.
Sgt Alice Draper said: “This warrant was a result of information from the public and really highlights the difference people make in notifying us of suspicious activity in their area.
You may also want to watch:
“The public are often our eyes and ears and can really help us make a genuine difference by reporting information to us.”
Suspicious activity can be reported to us by calling 101 or by visiting our website www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight