Police suspend Little Paxton river search
- Credit: Archant
The search for a man believed to have been seen in the River Great Ouse at Little Paxton has been suspended.
Police confirmed this morning (Wednesday) that the operation would now not continue until next week.
The sighting was made at 4pm on Monday after a man was thought to have jumped into the water at Mill Lane. He was said to have been in his 30s, with short or balding hair, and wore a red T-shirt.
Rescue teams, including CamSAR and Spartan Rescue, were called in to assist with the search.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said they had received no reports of a missing person matching the man’s description.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you can help police, call 101, quoting incident 308.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan