Cops win on scratch cards sent by person in Cambs custody for them to buy ‘decent coffee’
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky visitor who did a stint in custody in Cambridgeshire sent police scratch cards to “get better coffee” - which led to an unlikely win.
Two scratch cards and a thank you card were sent to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, by the disgruntled guest.
Writing in the card said: “Dear police, the coffee and food was s***, therefore go get a coffee.”
Lucky officers scored a £9 win from both scratch cards - which they said they’ll give to charity.
In a post on the Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook, it read: “We take all feedback seriously and that includes the food and drink served in our cells.
“Thank you to the author of this card who took the time to review their recent stay with us at Parkside and even bought us a couple of scratch cards in the hope we’d use the winnings to purchase some decent coffee.
“We’ll keep the coffee as it is for now in the hope you won’t visit again and donate the winnings to a local charity.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 5 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 9 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
One person commented: “They probably left you a rubbish review on TripAdvisor, too.”