Cops win on scratch cards sent by person in Cambs custody for them to buy ‘decent coffee’
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky visitor who did a stint in custody in Cambridgeshire sent police scratch cards to “get better coffee” - which led to an unlikely win.
Two scratch cards and a thank you card were sent to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, by the disgruntled guest.
Writing in the card said: “Dear police, the coffee and food was s***, therefore go get a coffee.”
Lucky officers scored a £9 win from both scratch cards - which they said they’ll give to charity.
In a post on the Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook, it read: “We take all feedback seriously and that includes the food and drink served in our cells.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to the author of this card who took the time to review their recent stay with us at Parkside and even bought us a couple of scratch cards in the hope we’d use the winnings to purchase some decent coffee.
“We’ll keep the coffee as it is for now in the hope you won’t visit again and donate the winnings to a local charity.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
One person commented: “They probably left you a rubbish review on TripAdvisor, too.”