Dirty nappies and broken bottles dumped in the middle of Huntingdonshire road
- Credit: Archant
Dirty nappies and broken bottles were among a “disgusting” pile of rubbish dumped in the middle of the road.
Police discovered the mess near Pidley while carrying out patrols in the early hours of April 25.
@CambsRuralCops tweeted: “This is not only a huge hazard but a disgusting one too.”
Two units and highways officials were alerted to clear the scene.
Residents expressed their anger on social media, with calls for recycling centres to be reopened in the district.
You may also want to watch:
One comment read: “It’s disgusting but this will happen when the tips are closed. If it’s good enough for the bin men to work surely a safe way can be found to run the tips.”
Another person added: “So lucky you came across this because it could have ended really badly. “Why at all, but why right in the middle of the road?”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k