Dirty nappies and broken bottles dumped in the middle of Huntingdonshire road
- Credit: Archant
Dirty nappies and broken bottles were among a “disgusting” pile of rubbish dumped in the middle of the road.
Police discovered the mess near Pidley while carrying out patrols in the early hours of April 25.
@CambsRuralCops tweeted: “This is not only a huge hazard but a disgusting one too.”
Two units and highways officials were alerted to clear the scene.
Residents expressed their anger on social media, with calls for recycling centres to be reopened in the district.
You may also want to watch:
One comment read: “It’s disgusting but this will happen when the tips are closed. If it’s good enough for the bin men to work surely a safe way can be found to run the tips.”
Another person added: “So lucky you came across this because it could have ended really badly. “Why at all, but why right in the middle of the road?”
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 5 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 6 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 7 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 8 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Police appeal to trace missing Huntingdon man