Police release CCTV in connection with reports of ‘indecent act’
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have released a CCTV image as part of an investigation into reports that a man performed an indecent act in front of two teenagers travelling on train.
A 14-year-old girl was travelling home after school on the 5.21 Peterborough to Huntingdon service on Friday, May 13, when a man sat next to her.
He then performed an indecent act in front of her and another schoolgirl on the train.
PC Adam Burn said: “Both girls were very distressed by the man’s actions and got up and left the train at Huntingdon. One of the victim’s went home and reported the incident to us.
“If you know the man pictured, who we believe may be able to assist our enquiries into this incident, please contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to trace the other girl who witnessed the incident, so we can speak to her and provide her with support following what must have been a very upsetting experience.
“We take all reports of this nature very seriously and I would like to commend the victim for coming forward and reporting this to us.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
Anyone with information which may assist this investigation are asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting reference number 189 of 23/5.