Police release appeal after attempted robbery leaves woman ‘shaken and upset’ in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an attempted robbery in Huntingdon yesterday evening (March 13).
The incident happened at about 8pm, in Sycamore Drive, when a man wearing a red top with the hood up cycled up to a woman, slapped her round the back of the head and attempted to steal her handbag.
The man attempted to pull the bag from her but failed and cycled off in the direction of Swallowbush Road.
Police say the victim was not injured, but was left shaken and upset.
Detective Constable Karin Peters said: “We would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen someone matching the description. Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could prove valuable to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Peters police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house