Arrest made following police chase in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested this morning (Monday) on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs following a pursuit in Ramsey.
Police were on patrol in Great Whyte at about 7.30am when they saw a driver they suspected of breaking the speed limit.
When they attempted to stop the vehicle, however, the driver failed to stop and a chase ensued.
A spokesman for police said: “The vehicle failed to stop for officers and a pursuit began, before the driver turned down a dead end on Sargeants Close.
“The driver then ran from officers on foot and was found inside a house nearby thanks to information provided by a member of the public.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said a 30-year-old man, of no fixed abode, was arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and driving under the influence of drugs.
The man was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station, in Peterborough, for questioning.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year