Arrest made following police chase in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested this morning (Monday) on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs following a pursuit in Ramsey.
Police were on patrol in Great Whyte at about 7.30am when they saw a driver they suspected of breaking the speed limit.
When they attempted to stop the vehicle, however, the driver failed to stop and a chase ensued.
A spokesman for police said: “The vehicle failed to stop for officers and a pursuit began, before the driver turned down a dead end on Sargeants Close.
“The driver then ran from officers on foot and was found inside a house nearby thanks to information provided by a member of the public.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said a 30-year-old man, of no fixed abode, was arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent, driving without a licence, driving without insurance and driving under the influence of drugs.
The man was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station, in Peterborough, for questioning.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'