Police patrols stepped up after man receives serious injuries following assault in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for witnesses following an assault in Huntingdon yesterday (Monday) evening.
At about 5pm the victim, a man in his 20s, was attacked by another man as he walked through a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park near the A14 underpass.
The victim received serious, but not life threatening, injuries as a result of the incident and is being treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The suspect is described at 5’11”, of muscular build and wearing a dark coloured tracksuit.
Detective Inspector Dan Pawson said: “Thankfully, attacks of this nature are extremely rare. We recognise the concern this may cause to the local community and particularly people who use the park. We will be carrying out high visible patrols in the area to provide reassurance.
You may also want to watch:
“We urge anyone who saw anything suspicious in the park yesterday afternoon or early evening to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police on 101 quoting CF0183160417. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding