Police officer who is alleged to have mounted pavement and hit man with his car set to face disciplinary hearing
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon-based police officer who is alleged to have mounted the pavement and driven his car into a man is to appear before a disciplinary panel.
PC Rowan Huskisson, who is based at Cambridgeshire police headquarters, is facing a charge of gross misconduct in relation to the incident, which took place on May 28 last year.
According to documents released ahead of the disciplinary hearing, PC Huskisson was on duty at 3.40am when he responded to a call from bouncers who had detained a man. The man had broken free however, and was reportedly running along St Andrew’s Street, in Cambridge.
The documents outlining the charge against PC Huskisson state: “The officer drove his vehicle towards the male who ran across the pavement and appeared to be running towards the road. The officer then began to turn the vehicle towards the pavement and drove straight towards the male mounting the pavement.
“The front of the vehicle collided with the male (towards the nearside) and came to a stop on the pavement. The officer said ‘That’s how you deal with that’.”
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that the incident amounts to gross misconduct and thereby breaches the standards of professional behaviour in respect of authority, respect and courtesy, use of force, orders and instructions and discreditable conduct. The hearing is taking place on April 17 at the offices of Biggleswade Town Council, in Bedfordshire.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester