Police name woman whose torso was discovered in a suitcase in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Police have today named a woman whose torso was discovered in a suitcase at a property in Peterborough on Friday.
The body, which was missing its head, arms and legs, was that of Ramute Butkiene, 42, of Mayor’s Walk, Peterborough.
Ramute, a mother-of-one, did various agency work in the Peterborough area and her family members in Peterborough and Lithuania have been informed and are being kept up-to-date by detectives working on the investigation.
Some body parts have now been discovered in Peterborough but police are continuing a search of the area today.
A 57-year-old man, from Peterborough, who has been arrested on suspicion of murder, remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station, Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
The murder is being treated as an isolated incident and a dedicated team of officers has been set up to investigate.
Anyone with information should contact the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house