Police name Soham woman killed in Godmanchester crash
POLICE have named a young woman who was killed in a crash close to Wood Green Animal Shelter last night (Thursday).
Ashlee Page-Bennett, 22, of Mill Corner, Soham, died as she was travelling in a Ford KA when it collided with a Volkswagon Golf at 9pm on the A1198 at Godmanchester.
Magpas Helimedix Doctor Simon Lewis and paramedic Jo Lambert administered pain relief to the 18-year-old driver of the Ka, also from Soham, who suffered neck and back injuries in the accident. Another passenger in the Ka, an 18-year-old from Soham, was treated for minor injuries. Both were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The driver of the Golf, a 19-year-old from Godmanchester, suffered minor injuries in the crash and was also taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital but was discharged later.
A Magpas spokesman said: “Sadly, despite all the Magpas team’s best efforts, one woman died at the scene - our thoughts are with her family at this time.
“A paramedic and an ambulance crew were also present, everyone worked extremely well together. A Papworth nurse and a paediatric nurse, who were stuck in nearby traffic, also stopped to assist and were incredibly helpful.”
Sergeant Steve Watson, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or who saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the collision.”
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.