Police name Soham woman killed in Godmanchester crash
POLICE have named a young woman who was killed in a crash close to Wood Green Animal Shelter last night (Thursday).
Ashlee Page-Bennett, 22, of Mill Corner, Soham, died as she was travelling in a Ford KA when it collided with a Volkswagon Golf at 9pm on the A1198 at Godmanchester.
Magpas Helimedix Doctor Simon Lewis and paramedic Jo Lambert administered pain relief to the 18-year-old driver of the Ka, also from Soham, who suffered neck and back injuries in the accident. Another passenger in the Ka, an 18-year-old from Soham, was treated for minor injuries. Both were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The driver of the Golf, a 19-year-old from Godmanchester, suffered minor injuries in the crash and was also taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital but was discharged later.
A Magpas spokesman said: “Sadly, despite all the Magpas team’s best efforts, one woman died at the scene - our thoughts are with her family at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“A paramedic and an ambulance crew were also present, everyone worked extremely well together. A Papworth nurse and a paediatric nurse, who were stuck in nearby traffic, also stopped to assist and were incredibly helpful.”
Sergeant Steve Watson, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or who saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the collision.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.