Police launch investigation into burglaries in Huntingdonshire villages
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police say they are linking two burglaries which took place in Huntingdonshire.
The first incident happened at about 5.30pm in Maze Road, Hilton, on Tuesday, September 20, with two men breaking into a home.
The pair were disturbed, however, and left the scene shortly after with the victim’s wallet.
The second incident happened at about 5.45pm on the same day in Pitfield Close, Fenstanton. A man told the victim, who is in her 80s, that he was from the water board and she needed to run her taps.
Another man then entered the house, but left the area empty handed when the victim’s neighbours became suspicious.
Both men are described as white and being roughly in their 20s. One was slight build with dark hair and the other stocky with ginger hair. A blue BMW 1 Series was seen at both locations.
Police believe the two incidents are linked and have launched an investigation. Anyone with information can contact police on e-mail at email@example.com or call 101 with any information.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.