Police launch investigation after burglars hit five homes in overnight spree
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information about a spate of burglaries in and around St Ives overnight.
Officers were called to attend reports of five burglaries between 6pm on Tuesday, December 15, and the early hours of the following morning.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “These crimes are currently under investigation and additional resources are being allocated to the St Ives area.
“We are appealing for any witnesses who may have information about the five offences that occurred in St Ives Road, in Somersham, and Tern Drive, Tenterleas, Brook Way and Park Road, in St Ives.
“We are also asking for information about two males in their late twenties to thirties who may have been seen in the area driving a small dark coloured hatchback.”
You may also want to watch:
A jewellery box and jewellery were stolen from the property in Tenterleas, a handbag containing £80 was stolen from Brook Way, and a set of kets were taken from the house in Tern Drive.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Constable Grant at Huntingdon or using Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester