Police issue appeal after arson attack at Yaxley industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are appealing for information following an incident of arson in Yaxley yesterday morning (February 6).
The fire occurred between 5am and 6am, in Willow Road, with seven cars damaged as a result and five of them completely burned out.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue attended, calling in crews from Yaxley, Dogsthorpe and Stanground to help tackle the blaze.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose wheels for the operation, before extinguishing the fire and returning to their stations around 8.40am.
Damage was also caused to the exterior of a nearby industrial unit.
The vehicles damaged were a Peugeot Expert, Vauxhall Corsa, Citroen Relay, Audi A3, Iveco Daily, Smart Car and Skoda Octavia. The total worth of the vehicles is believed to be roughly £10,500.
The vehicles were owned by two local businesses and a member of the public.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Fire investigators were at the scene earlier today, where they determined the cause of the fire was deliberate.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police on 101 quoting CF0067150217. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.