Police issue appeal after arson attack at Yaxley industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are appealing for information following an incident of arson in Yaxley yesterday morning (February 6).
The fire occurred between 5am and 6am, in Willow Road, with seven cars damaged as a result and five of them completely burned out.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue attended, calling in crews from Yaxley, Dogsthorpe and Stanground to help tackle the blaze.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose wheels for the operation, before extinguishing the fire and returning to their stations around 8.40am.
Damage was also caused to the exterior of a nearby industrial unit.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles damaged were a Peugeot Expert, Vauxhall Corsa, Citroen Relay, Audi A3, Iveco Daily, Smart Car and Skoda Octavia. The total worth of the vehicles is believed to be roughly £10,500.
The vehicles were owned by two local businesses and a member of the public.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Fire investigators were at the scene earlier today, where they determined the cause of the fire was deliberate.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police on 101 quoting CF0067150217. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.