Police investigation launched after man suffers burns in suspected arson attack
- Credit: Archant
A man was burned as he attempted to escape from a house that had been the target of an arson attack.
Firefighters from St Neots and Gamlingay were called to a blaze in Luke Street, St Neots, at about 6.15pm on Tuesday.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews arrived to find a fire on the first floor of a property. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire and one positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
"One male casualty was out of the property when crews arrived at the scene and required treatment for minor burns and smoke inhalation. He was taken to hospital by ambulance."
Crews returned to their stations by 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation revealed the cause of the fire to be deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home