Police investigating sudden death in St Ives
POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a woman in St Ives.
Officers were called to an address in Gainsborough Drive at 10.30am on Thursday (October 27).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called to an address in Gainsborough Drive yesterday morning following reports of the sudden death of a woman.
“The lady was in her fifties. Forensic examinations are being carried out today and the body remains in situ. Next of kin have been notified but formal identification is not expected until this evening at the earliest.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that they were called to the address following reports that a 54-year-old woman had died.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Once at the scene paramedics discovered a man with a serious stomach injury. One female patient was deceased.”
The man remains in hospital in a stable condition.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need