Police investigating Ramsey dog attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a dog attack in Ramsey at the weekend which left a teenage girl shaken and another dog requiring surgery.
The girl was believed to have been walking her mother’s dog near the canal at about 5.30pm on Saturday.
Two dogs, thought to be a Staffordshire bull terrier and an Alsatian, were said to have torn into the other dog’s legs and thrown him in the water.
Appealing for information via a social networking site, the girl’s mother said both daughter and dog, which had required “hours of surgery”, were recovering.
She thanked two men who helped her daughter, as well as others for their messages, posting: “Thanks for all your support – seen the best and the worst of Ramsey in the last 24 hrs. The support is appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman appealed for anyone who knew anything about the attack to come forward.
He said: “We are investigating after a dog was attacked by two other dogs by the canal in Ramsey at about 5.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
“Enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.”