Police investigating burglary incidents in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a burglary and an attempted burglary which took place in St Ives on Monday and which officers believe could be linked.
The first incident, an attempted burglary, took place at a home in Green How.
The occupants left home at 8am for work and when they returned, at 6.20pm, they found that the outer pane of glass at the rear of the property had been smashed.
Police said no entry was gained to the house.
The second happened in Queens Close. The occupants went out at 3.30pm and, when they returned at 7.15pm, they found that an implement had been used to smash the rear patio door near the lock, which allowed the key to be turned on the inside.
You may also want to watch:
An untidy search has been carried out within the property and it is unknown what, if any, property was taken.
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery