Police investigate illegal rave in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate an illegal Christmas rave which took place in a disused warehouse unit in Huntingdon.
It is not clear if anyone has been arrested following the incident in Glebe Road, which started on Christmas Day and ran overnight into Boxing Day when it was finally closed down at lunchtime.
Hundreds of people are believed to have attended the rave, in an industrial area, which first started to bring noise complaints from people living nearby at about 10.30pm on Christmas Day.
A police spokesman said: “We received a number of calls in relation to a rave taking place on Monday 25 December in Glebe Road, Huntingdon.
“Officers attended the scene and worked with colleagues from the council and fire service to respond to the incident.”
The spokesman said: “The music went off just before mid-day on Tuesday 26 December. The sound system was seized and officers continue to investigate.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We sent an officer along to work with the police and to make sure arrangements were in place in case there was a fire, which they were.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 8 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
“We attended at about 11am on Boxing Day to further monitor the situation and means of getting out of the building were still in place.”
A spokesman for Huntingdonshire District Council said they had helped police with CCTV information from a nearby camera but had not received any complaints about noise.