Police identify woman killed after being hit by bus on guided busway near St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Police have identified a woman who died following a collision on the guided busway between St Ives and Swavesey last night (Tuesday).
Jennifer Taylor, 81, of Meadow Lane in Over, was struck by a bus travelling south on the guided busway at about 5.30pm.
It is believed Jennifer and her husband, who was not injured, were walking along the busway road when the incident happened.
PC James Thorne, said: “While this is particularly tragic circumstances, I would like to take this opportunity to remind members of the public to use the guided busway safely and only walk or cycle on the foot and cycle paths where they are in place.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: “At this time our thoughts are with all those involved in this incident. We are talking to Stagecoach and the police about what happened and will co-operate fully with any investigation. No person was injured on the bus and the passenger were picked up by another vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident 424.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer