Police identify victim of St Ives murder
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a murder in St Ives last week have identified the victim as Andrew Hasler.
The 28-year-old was found after officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit were called to an address in Houghton Road at about 12.40pm on January 8, following reports of violence.
Mr Hasler, of Houghton Road, was discovered fatally injured.
A 27-year-old woman from Huntingdon was also found with serious injuries but is now in a stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
In a statement, Mr Hasler’s family said: “Andrew was a much-loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and friend. Kind-hearted and living his life to the full, he came into the world early and has left us far too soon. We miss you Andrew.
You may also want to watch:
“The family is grateful for kind words from the many whose lives were touched by Andrew. We respectfully ask to be left to come to terms with our loss in private.”
Since the incident, a 40-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, and remains in police custody.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major crime unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.