Police identify victim of St Ives murder
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a murder in St Ives last week have identified the victim as Andrew Hasler.
The 28-year-old was found after officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit were called to an address in Houghton Road at about 12.40pm on January 8, following reports of violence.
Mr Hasler, of Houghton Road, was discovered fatally injured.
A 27-year-old woman from Huntingdon was also found with serious injuries but is now in a stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
In a statement, Mr Hasler’s family said: “Andrew was a much-loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and friend. Kind-hearted and living his life to the full, he came into the world early and has left us far too soon. We miss you Andrew.
“The family is grateful for kind words from the many whose lives were touched by Andrew. We respectfully ask to be left to come to terms with our loss in private.”
Since the incident, a 40-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, and remains in police custody.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major crime unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.