Police identify motorist who died after car crashed into roadside drain in Warboys
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in a crash at Warboys on Tuesday (August 23) has been identified by police.
Jake Michael Young, 26, of Wignals Gate, Holbeach, in Lincolnshire, was driving a black Volkswagen Golf which left Puddock Road and entered a water-filled ditch.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 5.45pm and a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that the car was submerged when officers arrived. Puddock Road was closed while emergency crews attempted to reach the vehicle.
The spokesman said that there were no other vehicles involved in the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance officer, ambulance crew, Magpas air ambulance, and the hazardous area response team.
You may also want to watch:
“At the scene there was one patient involved, but sadly nothing could be done for them and they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the family and friends involved at this very sad time.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio