Police hunt man who escaped during Hinchingbrooke Hospital trip
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to find a man from Huntingdon who escaped from officers at Hinchingbrooke Hospital after being arrested.
Ashton Smyrk, 26, was detained on Thursday (November 6) on suspicion of criminal damage and assault.
It was thought he had an injury so he was taken to the Huntingdon hospital, but gave two police officers the slip at about 10.30am on Friday (November 7).
A police spokesman said: “Two officers were at the hospital with Smyrk. He was undergoing a medical examination, which is why he was not handcuffed, before he made his escape.
“We will be looking into the circumstances of the incident, however, our priority is to locate him.”
The spokesman said significant efforts had been made to find the suspect, described as being 5ft 10in, slim, with short strawberry blond hair.
He was last seen wearing beige cargo trousers, white Lonsdale trainers with a stripe and a black padded-style jacket. He is not believed to be a danger to members of the public.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help police should call 101.