Police hunt man who escaped during Hinchingbrooke Hospital trip
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to find a man from Huntingdon who escaped from officers at Hinchingbrooke Hospital after being arrested.
Ashton Smyrk, 26, was detained on Thursday (November 6) on suspicion of criminal damage and assault.
It was thought he had an injury so he was taken to the Huntingdon hospital, but gave two police officers the slip at about 10.30am on Friday (November 7).
A police spokesman said: “Two officers were at the hospital with Smyrk. He was undergoing a medical examination, which is why he was not handcuffed, before he made his escape.
“We will be looking into the circumstances of the incident, however, our priority is to locate him.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said significant efforts had been made to find the suspect, described as being 5ft 10in, slim, with short strawberry blond hair.
He was last seen wearing beige cargo trousers, white Lonsdale trainers with a stripe and a black padded-style jacket. He is not believed to be a danger to members of the public.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help police should call 101.