Police hunt crash driver who fled scene of A14 accident
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace a driver who failed to stop after being involved in a crash on the A14.
A black Vauxhall Astra, a blue Citroen Xsara and a lorry were involved in the incident on the eastbound carriageway at the Ellington junction at around 6.45am yesterday (Thursday).
The driver of the Citroen, believed to be a man, failed to stop following the crash.
Pc Steve Gedny, investigating the incident, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision to contact police. We believe the driver of the vehicle did stop initially, but then drove away. I would urge the driver of the blue vehicle to come forward and speak to us.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who saw either of these vehicles prior to the collision, we believe they were travelling from Kettering towards Huntingdon.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call Pc Gedny at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding