Police find �40,000 of cannabis in second Huntingdonshire raid in a week
A SECOND drugs raid in Huntingdonshire in just over a week has discovered cannabis worth �40,000 in St Neots this morning (Friday).
Officers carried out a warrant on several sheds and a caravan in Cambridge Road and found more than 130 cannabis plants.
Two men, aged 41 and 62, both from St Neots, were arrested on suspicion of production of cannabis and are currently being held at Huntingdon Police Station.
Chief Inspector Chris Mead said: “Today’s raid was part of our ongoing crackdown on those suspected of producing and supplying drugs.
“I would urge the public to report any suspicious activity or contact us if they suspect crime is taking place in their area.
You may also want to watch:
“We take all such reports seriously and will investigate.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about drugs or crime in their area should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k