Police discover ‘Iranian’ migrants in the back of lorry on A14
- Credit: Archant
Police were alerted to Iranian migrants hidden in a Spanish lorry on the A14 banging noises were heard.
Cambridgeshire police were called yesterday afternoon (Monday) to laybay between Brampton Hut and Spittals Interchange following the sounds heard coming from inside the truck.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attended and found an Iranian man and woman in the back who were taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn and handed over to immigration officers.”
Immigration Enforcement was contacted by the police after officers attended the incident on the stretch of road in Huntingdon.
A spokesman for the Home Office said: “Two people, a man and a woman who presented themselves as Iranian, were referred to the Home Office.
You may also want to watch:
“Both people were detained and their cases will be progressed in line with the immigration rules.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding