Police confirm body found near St Ives lake was missing man
THE body of a man found by a lake in St Ives was that of missing man, police have confirmed.
Officers had been searching the lake area between St Ives Business Park and Meadow Lane, next to the town’s ring road, since last night (Monday) after concerns were raised over the man’s whereabouts
Police continued the search today and an officer found him shortly after midday.
An eyewitness, who works in the business park, said that the police had arrived between 12.30pm and 1pm and a doctor had been called close to the Harrison Way and Parsons Green roundabout.
A police spokesman said: “The body of a man was discovered at 12.20pm at a nature reserve close to Harrison Way.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not treating it as suspicious and have pass the details on to the coroner.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Cambridgeshire Police on 101.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity