Police recover stolen car following pursuit in Ramsey but hunt continues for thieves
- Credit: Archant
Police recovered a stolen car and trailer following a chase through Ramsey.
Officers entered into a pursuit on the B660 near Holme after a 4x4 vehicle towing a trailer was spotted travelling at speed and failed to stop when requested.
The incident took place in the early hours of August 22, with officers pursuing the car into Ramsey.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The vehicle and trailer were abandoned in Ugg Mere Court Road, Ramsey Heights, when they were driven into a set of private gates.
“Despite assistance from a police helicopter and a dog unit, the occupants managed to escape across fields, but the abandoned vehicles were towed away for forensic examination.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that checks carried out on both car and trailer showed that they were stolen.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio