Police charge second man with murder of Jeff Henry
- Credit: Archant
A man from Huntingdon has been charged with the murder of Jeff Henry.
Martin Saunders, 34, of Beaton Crescent, was charged with murder today (July 22) and is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court this morning.
A 36-year-old man from St Ives, who was re-arrested yesterday (July 21) on suspicion of murder has bailed until August 18.
Saunders is the second person to be charged in connection with the murder of Mr Henry.
Ben Maguire, 28, formerly of Minerva Way, Cambridge, was also charged with murder and has been remanded to appear for a plea and case management hearing at a court to be decided, on September 4.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Henry, 39, was assaulted in Campkin Road, Cambridge, on June 7.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he remained in a critical condition with a fractured skull and traumatic brain injuries until June 12, when the decision was made to turn off his life-support machine.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced