Police call for volunteers to join new victim and witness hub
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for volunteers to help run a new hub which will help victims and witnesses of crime.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s victim and witness hub was set up to help people cope and recover from incidents of crime, providing a support service for callers.
Jason Ablewhite, Cambridgeshire’s police and crime commissioner, said: “From day one, when the crime is reported, throughout the criminal justice process and afterwards, the victim and witness hub is there to help people cope and recover.
“Volunteers work with victim care co-ordinators to provide emotional and practical support. For anyone looking to make a difference, this could be the role for you.”
Applications are welcome from volunteers with or without previous experience of supporting victims, as well as people with language skills.
Applicants must be over 18-year-olds and have basic IT skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and be willing to work as part of a team.
Volunteers are expected to commit a minimum of four hours a week and in return, the hub will provide all the support and tools required for the role.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 5 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
Places are subject to a successful interview, satisfactory police vetting and accreditation after training.
The next training session will be in February, and to find out more, contact Sandra Weldon on 01733 863109 or at email@example.com.
For more information about the victim and witness hub, visit cambsvictimshub.co.uk.