Police call for volunteers to join new victim and witness hub
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for volunteers to help run a new hub which will help victims and witnesses of crime.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s victim and witness hub was set up to help people cope and recover from incidents of crime, providing a support service for callers.
Jason Ablewhite, Cambridgeshire’s police and crime commissioner, said: “From day one, when the crime is reported, throughout the criminal justice process and afterwards, the victim and witness hub is there to help people cope and recover.
“Volunteers work with victim care co-ordinators to provide emotional and practical support. For anyone looking to make a difference, this could be the role for you.”
Applications are welcome from volunteers with or without previous experience of supporting victims, as well as people with language skills.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants must be over 18-year-olds and have basic IT skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and be willing to work as part of a team.
Volunteers are expected to commit a minimum of four hours a week and in return, the hub will provide all the support and tools required for the role.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Places are subject to a successful interview, satisfactory police vetting and accreditation after training.
The next training session will be in February, and to find out more, contact Sandra Weldon on 01733 863109 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the victim and witness hub, visit cambsvictimshub.co.uk.